The Engineering Division plans, develops, and constructs public facilities, roadways, capital improvement and private development projects. This Division includes Land Development, Design, Construction Management and Traffic Engineering. This division coordinates with the City's Engineering Consultants and other divisions of our city government to secure funding for projects from outside agencies and State and Federal sources, and prepares all required project documentation and regulatory agency reports. It is our goal and objective to bring to our community, public projects that are on time and within budget, to establish a list of project priorities and schedules, and to respond quickly and effectively to meet the needs and concerns of our customers.
The Engineering Division:
- Conducts land development project review and inspections.
- Advertises projects, reviews bids and awards projects.
- Initiates State Transportation Improvement Program (STIP)
- projects and administers contracts.
- Responds to public inquiries.
- Develops technical reports.
- Maintains improvement records and maps.